Founded on September 11, 2007; the debut of the Hudson Institute on the Central Coast of Southern California, marked the beginning of a new era and challenge for a Proud and Prosperous Race of
The Institute was created as a forum for the presentation of the African American Journey and as a medium for the exhibition of Global Arts.
It is dedicated to Collecting, Preserving and Interpreting the Material and Intellectual Culture of all people of African Ancestry.
The museum is committed to telling the story of African descendants in all of it's Permutations: such as Family Life; The Civil Rights Movement; Arts and Entertainment; Sports; Politics; Law; Medicine; Architect; Religious Affiliations and Technology.
We value your opinions and solicit your generous financial support.
The museum is a.. 501 (3) (c), California Corporation, and all contributions are Tax Deductible.
* Museum President
* Chief Executive Officer
* Museum Founder
Proposed future Museum
Civil Rights Leader / Activist
Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr.
Born: January 15, 1929
Died: April 4, 1968
44 th. President of
the United States of America
Born: August 4, 1961
Mrs. Coretta Scott King
Born: April 27, 1927
Died: June 30, 2006
First Lady Michelle
(Robinson) Obama Born:
January 17, 1964
R & B.... Entertainer Group....The Supreme
(Top): Mary Wilson (Left Botton): Diana
Ross (Right-Bottom Row): Florence Ballard
Church of God in Christ
Bishop Charles Edward Blake
International Presiding Bishop Born: August 5, 1940
R&B Singer -Dancer-
Born: May 3, 1933
Died: December 25, 2006
Colin Luther Powell
Born: April 15, 1937
* American Statesman
* Retired-Four Star General..U.S. Army
* 65 th. United Stes Secretary of State
* National Security Advisor...1887-1989
* Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
* Commander of the U.S. Army Force
Born: November 14, 1954
*(2005-2009)...66th. United States Secretary of State * National Security Advisor
* Member of the National Security Council to President George W. Bush * Professor of Political Science at Stanford University * Served as (Provost) 1993-1999) at Stanford
* Born: February 20, 1927; in Miami, Florida
* Bahamian American Actor - Film Director -
Author - Diplomat
* 1963 - (1 st.) Person of African-American
Descendant to be awarded an Academy
Award for Best Actor.
* 1999 - Named to be among the Greatest
Male Stars of all times by The American
* 2002 - Received..Best Actor Award.
* 1997 - Served as the Bahamian Ambassa-
dor to Japan.
* August 12, 2009 - Awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom presented by President Barack Obama.
* Born: January 26, 1892
* Died: April 30, 1926
* American Civil Aviator
* 1 st. African American Female
to hold a International Pilot
Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela
* 1 st. Black South African President
* Civil Rights Activist, World Leader & Journalist
Doris Miller (aka "Dorie"
* Born: October 12, 1919; in Waco, Texas
* Died: November 24, 1943
Born: July 2, 1908
Died: January 24, 1993
* United States Supreme Court Associate Justice
* 1 st. African American Supreme Court Justice to be selected.
Born: November 30, 1924
Died: January 1, 2005
* New York..Congresswoman
* January 25, 1972)...Candidate for President of the United States.
* Educator &Author
Born: October 13, 1938
* African American Gospel Singer, Songwriter, Recording Artist & Church Pastor
Oprah Gail Winfrey
* Born: January 29, 1954; in Kosciusho,
* American Television Host, Actress,
* Ranked as the Richest African American
of the 20 th. Century & at on time the
world's only Black Billionaire.
* Ranked as the Greatest African American
Philanthopist in America.
The Hudson Institute of African American Heritage
& Global Arts Museum
"Our History, Our Future & Our Legacy"
Albert Calvin Hudson
Holy Faith Chuch of God in Christ
African American Political & Civil Rights Leaders
African American Church Leaders
African American Entertainers
African American Pioneers
African American Military Leaders
African American Justice & Political Leaders
Mrs. Fannie Lou Hamer
(Born): 1917- (Died): 1977
Congressman Julian Bond
(Born): January 14, 1940
(Died): August 15, 2015
Mrs. Dorothy Height
(Born): March 24, 1912
(Died): April 20, 2010
Mrs. Rosa Parks
(Born): February 4, 1913
(Died): October 24, 2005
Reverend Jesse Jackson, Jr.
(DOB): October 8, 1941; in Greenville,
Political Activist / Former U.S. Representative
Protege of: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Founder of: Rainbow /Push
Bishop John Drew Sheard, Jr.
(DOB): 1959; Detroit, Michigan
Presiding Prelate of Church of God in Christ, Inc.
Spouse: Karen Clark Sheard
Elected: 2012-to Present (as general Board member; 2021-Present as presiding Bishop